Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.
Welcome to Troop 418!
Boy Scout Troop 418, part of the Boy Scouts of America, is located in Hilliard, Ohio. (A North West suburb of Columbus, Ohio) We are a youth-led organization focused on teaching young men the skills they will need throughout their lives. We encourage our youth to become leaders through Troop positions which help them develop life skills within and outside of scouting.
Troop 418 is an active Troop. We plan monthly camping trips, focus on leadership and personal development, and attend a week of summer camp each year. Our Troop is also active in giving back to the community with our annual involvement with Toys for Tots and other community-related service activities throughout the year. Our Troop attends a High Adventure Base (Philmont Scout Ranch, Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier, Summit Bechtel Reserve) every other year.
Troop 418 has been in existence for 26 years. Since this time we have had the success of 41 Eagle Scouts. We meet at Hilliard Presbyterian Church every Monday night during the school year at 7pm.
Feel free to attend one of our weekly meetings and check us out!
Chief Logan Reservation is located outside of Chillicothe, near Ray, Ohio. With an open and flexible program, and the friendliest staff, your Scouts are sure to have an awesome camp experience! Highlights of camp include the climbing tower, zip line, black powder shooting, GaGa Ball, Brownsea Island, nature study, handicraft, and much more! Chief Logan operates a nationally accredited program.
Please RSVP if you are planning on attending Summer Camp at Hugh Taylor Birch this summer from 07/11 – 07/17/21
Early Bird signups are due on June 10th (Thursday) of this week – $240
The LAST DAY to sign up will be on July 2nd – $310
This year, Camp Birch will be having open program. Instead of registering for every merit badge and activity, you and your Scouts will be able to easily flit from one activity to another. Some activities, such as High COPE, will still need to be scheduled. Other MB’s that require extra materials such as Basketry will have supplies available in the Trading Post for purchase upon arrival at camp.
Each program area will have a whiteboard present that will display all activities and requirements for the entirety of the week, allowing a Scout with a partial to only attend the day they need to complete a MB. The evening time of every day will allow a total open program in which the special activities and the regular classes are completely open to all Scouts.
2021 Evening Program for Scouts BSA Summer Camp.pdf
2021 Merit Badges for Scouts BSA Summer Camp.pdf
2021 Scouts BSA Summer Camp Info Guide v2 appendix.pdf
2021 Scouts BSA Summer Camp Info Guide v2 part 1.pdf
Over the course of a single day, the University of Scouting provides program specific training to help improve attendees’ knowledge about many areas of the Boy Scouts of America.
Thunderbase is THE largest party in the area for all Scouts, Scouters, and their families! The party starts Friday night with OA Call Outs, then kicks off Saturday morning with a Fun Run and Patriotic opening. Unparalleled experiences offered all day Saturday include:Scout SkillsInflatablesSTEM ActivitiesTrade Unions, and more!
The Final Chapter!
- What is Thunderbase 2022? Thunderbase 2022 is the largest regional Scouting camporee organized by the Simon Kenton Council! Thunderbase 2022 is open to the whole family, including Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Exploring, siblings, and friends to camp overnight at Ross County Fairgrounds. Camping is open to all Scout units (BSA Guidelines must be followed).
- When is it? Overnight camping is available Friday April 29th – May 1st or just attend the day program on Saturday, April 30th. Check in will begin on Friday, April 29th. Check out will be after religious services on Sunday.
- Where is it? Ross County Fairgrounds.
- Who can attend? Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturers, Explorers, BSA leaders, parents, and guests!
- What is the schedule of events?
- Friday, April 29th: Check-In.
- Friday Evening: OA Callouts
- Saturday, April 30th:
- Fun Run (2k / 5k) race (7am)
- Opening (8:30am)
- Thunderbase 2022 Day Program. (9 am)
- Saturday Evening: Entertainment and Fireworks
- Sunday, May 1st: Religious services in the morning and check out shortly after.
- What are some sample activities on Saturday? Exciting program and activities are currently being developed by volunteers and youth, and will include live performances, STEM and robotics, climbing walls, competitions, games, Scout skills, special programming from community partners, and much more!
- What is the meal plan for Thunderbase? Weekend tent camping for Troops and Packs will be organized by Districts. Meals for weekend campers will be coordinated with their Troops and Packs. We are adding more food trucks to the 2022 event! They will be available Friday evening through Sunday morning.
- What’s included in the price per person?
- Access to the event for the full weekend, including camping space
- Access to all program activities and the Saturday night show
- An event patch and more
Fun Facts about Troop 418!