Kelleys Island State Park, Kelleys Island, Ohio
Saturday, May 22, 2021, 7:00 AM – Hilliard Presbyterian Church
Sunday, May 23, 2021, 2:00 PM – Ackerman Eye Center, 4555 Cemetery Road, Hilliard
Cost: To be determined after campout. Probably looking at $40 or so depending on how many people attend.
Join us for adventure as we head north to Lake Erie and explore Kelleys Island!
We will take the ferry across from Marblehead, hike with our backpacking gear to our campsite at Kelleys Island State Park, explore the glacial grooves, visit an expansive rock quarry, and enjoy a dip in cool Lake Erie. We will be camping overnight on the island, so let's have some fun! Oh, and on our return we'll stop for some local ice cream!
What to Bring:
- BSA Permission Slip – signed (http://troop418.com/forms
Bring your backpacking gear, as we will be backpacking from the ferry dock to the State Park campsite (about 2 miles in and then out the following day).
Remember, everything will be in your backpack, so plan your weight accordingly.
The usual essentials apply:
- Tent and ground pad, sleeping pad, sleeping bag
- Mess kit and water bottles
- Rain gear
- Swimwear and sunscreen
- Extra set of clothes
- Class A uniform is REQUIRED for traveling
- Hiking boots and camp shoes
Questions? Please feel free to contact us.
Adult Leader in Charge (Troop 418):
- Mr. Walczak: firstname.lastname@example.org 614-743-6718
- If you are interested (or considering) in participating in The Kelleys Island Campout, PLEASE RSVP here in TroopTrack ASAP.